Wednesday 6 July 2011

First Week Class of Computer in Education

Assalamualaikum wbt..
to be brief, so here are what has been learnt in the first class of the week..

For the first entry of this Blog, here are what is required.
"complete notes of what is learnt today"
1. Steps on how to register
2. Reflection on what you have learned.

First of all, the registration process took some time, as a lot of things has to be done. I have to register 2 different emails (Yahoo & Google), Yahoo groups, Facebook and last but not least this Blog. Pretty interesting and handy, yet because of the internet connection here is a bit slower than usual, it takes me some times to accomplish my mission.

Talking about creating two emails account at the same time, thanks to Google and Yahoo for a simple, yet beneficial account details that is required. but, with the conditions of the registration outlined by the coordinator, I have to out it as my official name, my full name of course. put a signature on an email? Surely i have never been doing that. actually it is in the setting. here are the example....

Mohamad Firdaus Jaafar
BEd TESL
IPGKDRI Kuala Terengganu

Right after that, I joined the Yahoo group that has been created by Dr Siti Fatimah Mohd Yassin. It is quite complicated especially when I managed to sign in and then received a message from the owner that I have to invite Mr Fariduddin, yet I never found the invite button! what an irony...

Registering for Facebook now requires you to verify it with a code that is going to be sent to your mobile. only then I am able to verify my Username... so far, there are only 2-3 friends in my friend list. that's great!

Last but not least, I have to register this blog. luckily that i have the experience of creating a blog before, it helps me to simplify and shortened the time taken to create a free blog. all you required is your email address (Google of course) and password. Then I have to set the URL correctly, as it is going to be my official blog.

Reflection.

Through out the course, There are a lot of new things that I have gained. especially when it comes to email. Frankly, i have several other emails, but I never thought of having an official one. so with this Computer in Education course, I am able to have one and then it can be used for future, across my life span I guess. another beneficial knowledge that I have earned is that joining yahoo groups. Even though there are few things that is not clear to me, I wish that I manage to come to term with that. Lastly, having my own official blog lets me share with you of my experience that I may never share it with someone else. I may have to improvise my blog, especially with a beautiful headings and etcetera. So I guess that's all from me so far. Thank you for lending me some of your time reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment